Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day Twenty-Eight

It's weird waking up in the city you're going to spend most of your day in. Driving takes up such a big chunk of time, that when you don't have to do it, it sort of leaves a big void.

Either way, I had to get a few things so I drove around Denver a bit and picked some stuff up. I wanted to get a Rockies shirt and I found this Rockies Dugout store on a street called the 16th Street Mall, which is basically a street just full of shops and street vendors. Weirdly, and completely unknown to me, it's also the location of the bar Coyote Ugly. I went in and there was practically no one there, but I still had a beer there to say that I did.







My major stop of the day before the Rockies game was at Duffy's Cherry Cricket, which Man v. Food said had one of the best burgers around.



They were right. It wasn't as good as Diablo Burger, but an easy second place on this trip. I got smoked cheddar and blackening seasoning on it. It was HEAVY, weight-wise. (And also, awesome, in the alternative definition of the word.)



My next stop was Coors Field. I got there way early, so I sat in my car a while, and wound up parking nearby without having to pay any fee for parking, which was great. Coors Field is a really nice stadium, with some cool food things. (More on that later.)





Center field stuff.







View from behind home plate.



Food time! Just an overview of what's there.







That burger was lunch and dinner for me, so I didn't eat much, but I did get fresh squeezed lemonade (which was really good) and one of those berrie kabobs, which was three huge strawberries and two big chunks of banana.





The woman assembling kabobs.



This is just a cool shot from my seat. I was directly over the Rockies' bullpen. This is Wilin Rosario, warming up their starter.



Rockies' starter Alex White in the bullpen.











New best name for a pitcher: Outman. Also, a baseball superhero.



IIIIIICHIRO.









I wish I was a hair quicker on this picture, cause I would have had a few shots of Ichiro sliding into home plate safely. As such, I only got one.



A tiny baby and a rally monkey.





Tomorrow, I'm heading toward Kansas City for a Royals game at night and a BBQ stop on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment