Friday, May 25, 2012

Day Thirty-Five

Today was a slower day. I left Chicago by 9 and drove toward Cincinnati for a Reds game at 7. The only notable stop -- really, the only stop I made that wasn't to get fruit or print out my Reds ticket -- was at Price Hill Chili, which some site I found on Google said had the best chili in all of Cincinnati.

Cincinnati, for those of you who don't know, is famous for serving their chili over spaghetti, and serving in either 2-way, 3-way, 4-way, or 5-way. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere, but I got 5-way chili, which means chili with beans, onions and cheese, all served over spaghetti.







I then got to the Great American Ball Park for the Rockies and the Reds. This was, weirdly enough, the third time I saw the Rockies on this trip. (They lost in San Diego and they lost at home to Seattle.)



Some art outside the stadium. (No noodles, at least from what I saw, but I didn't do a full lap.)





View from my seat. (First row in the fourth deck.)







Four mascots. Seriously, Cincinnati, how many do you need?



These things spew fire whenever the Reds get a strikeout. Even though they got 8 as a team, I somehow failed to get any pictures of the fire in action. Whoops!



Reds' starting pitcher Johnny Cueto.



Rockies' starting pitcher Christian Friedrich. (I put myself in another awkward fantasy position tonight because I had this guy going. He's young and I wanted to check him out, and I didn't really want to root against the Reds but I also didn't want to bench him. Good thing my other starter, Brendan Morrow, gave up 6 runs in 2/3 of an inning to the Rangers! Yuck.)



I really like this kid's windup. He stares at the ground, then brings his glove up to cover his face when he stares in to get the sign. Then he starts his delivery. It's sorta reminiscent of Andy Pettitte and Randy Johnson and just all-around awesome.















Joey Votto taking a pitch.



THEY DO WEIRD EYE THINGS, TOO.



The best pitching name in Major League Baseball: Outman. Too bad his ERA is over 12.



On the way out of the stadium (the Rockies won), I saw another Mickey Mouse and another Statue of Liberty!





Very cool.

I'm in the Columbus area now, and heading to the Pro Football Hall of Fame tomorrow. From there, it's off to Pittsburgh for two nights (added an extra night there) then home on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment