Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day Thirty-Eight

HOME.

Before I got home, though, on my way out of Pittsburgh, I ran into some cool things. Like this, another dinosaur.



I ate lunch in Monroeville, which is an eastern suburb of Pittsburgh. Before I went to lunch, though, I went to the Monroeville Mall, which is where George Romero shot Dawn of the Dead.



Looks similar-ish, I guess.



There's a huge mural near one of the exits, and they pay respect to the mall's (and Pittsburgh's) heritage.





There was a zombie museum in the mall but it wasn't open yet, so I drove the few minutes to get lunch at Primanti Bros., a place known for its sandwiches.



I got the most popular one -- a cheesesteak. On it, they pile french fries, cole slaw and tomatoes, all on homemade bread (I think).





After I ate half (I packed up the other half to go), I headed back over to the mall for the zombie museum.











That was my last stop. I drove straight home and got there around 5:30. Ending mileage: 86858.



Some final stats...

Baseball games attended: 12
Baseball stadiums visited: 13
National parks/monuments visited: 22 (I think)
Total states driven in: 29
Pictures taken with my phone: 230
Pictures taken with my camera: 6,234
Total pictures taken: 6,464
Total miles driven: 12,891

No comments:

Post a Comment