Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day Eighteen

Waking up in LA, the first thing we did was pack up and head to LAX, from where Tom flew home. Alone now, I got my oil changed and planned out my trip around the city. I made a few stops to pick some stuff up, then headed over to Hollywood on my first of two days in LA. From Hollywood Boulevard, the Chinese Theatre:



Some stars:







I feel it was appropriate that Charlie Sheen's star was next to something not quite normal.



More stars:





There were a few people dressed up: Darth Vader & a stormtrooper, some pirates from the new movie Pirates, Freddy Kreuger. They work for tips and I was not gonna pay them so all I got was this shot, but I think it's cooler than a shot of a fake Darth Vader anyway.



Oh, Freddy I got. I forgot.



Then I went on a Hollywood tour. First stop, the Hollywood Bowl:





Hollywood sign, as seen from Mulholland Dr.:



Church where the baptism scene from the Godfather was supposedly shot:



Then we drove around and I took pictures of a lot of clubs and celebrities' homes, but they all look sort of the same, so whatever. I realized that as I was taking pictures of their homes I wasn't going to remember whose they were. Oops.

Chevy Chase Boulevard!



The owner of Bijon's $2 million Bugatti, just hanging out on the street.



After the tour, I went cross-town to a place called the Apple Pan, which is a burger place with only like six things on the menu and then five types of pie. Delicious. Steakburger & banana creme pie. Not much about the place has changed since it opened in 1947. Note the old-timey cash register, which doesn't even display dollars in the tens, just ones. (Does that make sense? Like, for $15.20, it'll just show $5.20, because more than $10 for burgers was something not thought about when the register was made.) The burger had some kind of sweet-ish relish or something on it, with hints of cinnamon and a salsa-like appearance. Yum.











I then headed over to where my friend worked, and read in a park while I waited for her to get out of work. After she got out, I saw her place of employ then we headed to an Irish placed called The Fox and the Hounds (not the chain) where I got an English scramble, which I think was like eggs and some kind of sausage and peppers and tomatoes all scrambled together with breakfast potatoes. Mmm.



Then we went back to her place and hung out with her roommates. That's where I am now, prepping for the next two days. Still in LA today, going to Santa Monica then to the Dodgers game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment