Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day Thirty-Two

I'm nearing only about a thousand miles left to drive on the trip!

That's only because I drove about 400 or so today, cutting off a good chunk of what's left. I drove up into Milwaukee and headed over to Solly's Grill, as recommended to me by a friend. They claim to be the nation's best "butter burger," which means that they toast and then butter the bun before they put the burger on it.



It was delicious! I got the Peno burger, which has onions, jalopenos and pepperjack cheese on top. Yum.





Then, the same friend recommended I go to Kopp's (a chain of 3) for frozen custard. They only have two standard flavors: chocolate and vanilla. Each day, they have two special flavors and then two shakes of the month.





I got a chocolate peanut butter shake. Depending how I feel, I think I might go back for a lemon raspberry custard today before I leave Milwaukee.



(Look at my disgusting car!)



Then I drove to Miller Park.



One of the nicer stadiums I've been to. It didn't have the hardcore baseball vibe of Kansas City or St. Louis, but the fans were much more enthusiastic than the ones at any stadium prior to KC. (Also, fans did regular, slow-motion and sped-up versions of the wave, and while I HATE the wave, I did like the two variants, obviously.)

Some REALLY cool art from inside the stadium:









Views from inside the stadium.







View from my seat.





Some cool things inside the stadium.





Tony Plush! (aka Nyjer Morgan)



Brewers' starter Shaun Marcum.



Melky! (Did I get a picture of him in LA? I forget.)



My man Buster, right before he cracked an RBI double.

IMG_5343.JPG


See? Double.



Giants' starter Matt Cain.



Indoor fireworks are super weird.



Braun.



The most energetic and engaging and well-loved vendor from any stadium I've ever been to. THE ICE MAN. "Did you bring your gloves? I don't wanna give you frostbite. These are COLD!"



Buster! After he cracked a home run.



IT'S TIME FOR THE SAUSAGE RACE!







And this guy's bringing up the rear.



The most excited the crowd got was when they announced Donald Driver won Dancing With the Stars. Yeah, it was that kind of crowd. I guess they're just waiting for Packers football to pick back up. The Giants won, Matt Cain got the win for my fantasy team, Buster had a couple of extra base hits. All in all, a good game for me.

I'm off to Chicago for a couple of nights. Lots to do, lots to see! Seeing two White Sox games and touring Wrigley, so that should be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment